Our Client, a leading established firm of Chartered Accountants are looking for an Accounts (70%) and Audit (30%) Manager to join their growing team.
A willingness to produce as well as manage is a must.
You will be reporting at Partner level and will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients and will be expected to manage these through building client relationships, keeping open lines of communication to both the client and the partner with regard to any issues. You will have a team of audit & account seniors and semi-seniors reporting to you on each audit and will be responsible for the mentoring and training of staff.
Candidates must be extremely articulate, proactive and presentable. We seek a quick learner who is able to communicate well with clients and staff of all levels.
Candidates must be ACA or ACCA exam qualified with a few years PQE and have the following experience:
- Current knowledge of International Auditing Standards & FRS 102
- Business plans/forecasts on Excel
- IRIS or similar software, CaseWare, some XERO OR Sage ideally
- Commerciality, including good organisational capabilities
- Dynamic, good communicator, proactive and presentable.
Role and Responsibilities
- To manage a portfolio of clients developing a good relationship with them, understanding their requirements, monitoring work-in progress against internal budgets and agreed fees, billing and keeping the client partner aware of status and issues.
- To assist partners and staff in quoting for new work, including identifying specification and time costs involved.
- Develop new systems and processes to ensure the throughput of work is done expeditiously.
- To liaise with the clients on all aspects of audit/accounts/tax and to be the main point of contact for any other ad hoc queries.
- Job planning, supervision and finalisation.
- To plan work and implement that plan, identifying key issues.
- To plan staffing requirements.
- To prepare and finalise statutory accounts.
- To act as an ambassador for the firm, to build up contacts and develop new business opportunities.
- Attend external and internal meetings.
- Work as a team with other managers.
- To coach and develop junior team members and provide constructive feedback.
Opportunities and career development are excellent within this friendly, professional firm and they also offer a very good group pension and profit share.
- UK GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'