Accounting Technician - AAT
This is an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Technician - AAT / Assistant Accountant to step into a Commercial Accounting role with a leading engineering / industrial manufacturing business. Assisting the Finance Director this role will encompass all day to day Finance and Accounting activities for the business. Either a part qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMAAccountant, or a time-served commercially experienced Accountant holding AAT or equivalent is ideal.
Flexibility is a key benefit: This role will intially cover 2 sites, one Midlands based and one Southern. The company are immanently relocating to the Midlands. Therefore there will need to be some flexibility across the working week combining some home based work with at least 1 additional location.
Ideal base Location:Birmingham, Coventry, Northampton, Rugby, Milton Keynes, Warwickshire
Package:£30,000 - £40,000 p.a. + Benefits + Generous Mileage Allowance + Career Advancement
- Reporting to the MD you will be a qualified or part qualified accountant / Assistant Accountant with strong financial accountancy and financial administration experience, preferably from within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Technical expertise in preparing both monthly and annual accounts / statements.
- Excellent communication skills able to report into the European HQ and deliver group financial reports.
- Competently, efficiently and autonomously manage day to day financial tasks for the UK subsidiary.
- Precise and articulate attention to detail able to quickly spot anomalies and balance accounting files.
- Highly PC literate with an excellent ability to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel, whilst also possessing knowledge of SAP B1 and Sage.
- Responsible for month end financial activities and annual accounting for the UK subsidiary.
- Monthly bank reconciliations and financial planning / financial administration.
- Corporate cost control including salaries, bonus payments and company expenses.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for the UK.
- Monitor purchasing, acquisitions and international currency conversions.
- Financial reporting to the European group / HQ.
- Assist with any audit requirements.
- Assist in the design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Maximise accounting efficiency and accuracy for the business through system development & technology.
A great accountancy career opportunity with a global leader in Engineering
REF: 33882GS - Accounting Technician - AAT
Are you are an AAT qualified or equivalent Assistant Accountant or Accounting Technician with a flair for commercial & manufacturing operations? If so this is fantastic career opportunity to shape the financial department within a global engineering business. Don't delay, apply now!
- senior accountant
- commercial accountant
- senior accountancy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'