Essential Qualifications: Qualified Accounting Technician or Part Qualified Accountant.
Job Summary (Description of main purpose of job):
• To assist the GFC
• To provide back-up and cover for the Group Accounting Technician.
• To assist in ensuring that outputs are delivered as efficiently and effectively as possible (including driving the “paperless” agenda).
• Ensure that the Group’s financial and reporting systems are accurately maintained
• Any other duties that may reasonably be required by The Group.
Key Accounting Tasks
• Data entry.
• Reconciliations – perform cash book, control account, etc reconciliations.
• Import and post sales, purchase and cash book transactions.
• Assist with streamlining of processes to improve the timeliness of financial information.
• Perform periodic internal outlet audit tasks e.g. income audit.
• Ensure end of day processes are performed efficiently and effectively.
• Ensure all income/cash book receipts are recorded accurately.
• Control and reconcile Petty Cash and Float balances.
• Check, batch and enter purchase invoice and credit note batches.
• Check deliveries and match purchase invoices with PO and delivery note information.
• Credit Control
• Assist with internal stock taking.
• Ensure all selling and cost price information is accurate.
• Ensure all wastage information is accurately collated and entered.
• Check and, where necessary compile daily KPI reports.
• Provide other ad hoc reports to management.
• High level of ICT literacy to include computerised accounting systems, MS Excel and MS Word. Sage 200 experience an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of commercial accounting and book keeping practices utilising ICT where possible.
• Superior accounting and book keeping skills.
• Experience in the preparation of management information (VAT and other statutory returns desirable).
If you think this role would suit you please apply directly NOW or forward an up to date CV to Anita McLaughlin at Reed Recruitment Derry/Donegal email@example.com. Alternatively you can call me on +44 7784224497
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'