Our client is a truly market leading brand with multiple sites in the UK are looking for an Accounting Manager (you will like the products that they engineer!) - an exciting place to work offering the flexibility of a hybrid working scenario (probably 2/3 days per week office/home) and a half day on a Friday!
This candidate will be from an Accounting background and not just Transactional with strong experience on controls
What you can expect:
- Hybrid working between home and office
- 26 days holiday to start plus bank holidays
- Salary of between £58-72k DOE and Qualification
- Performance related annual bonus scheme (circa 15%)
- Half day on a Friday!
- Contributory pension and more
- Attractive management vehicle lease scheme
- The chance to work for one of the UKs leading brands
- This role requires a technically competent, experienced manager, who will drive improved performance by leading a team, providing the appropriate guidance, support and escalation to both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be required to work on relevant technical accounting and complex matters (including inventory accounting), whilst managing the accounts payable team, so time management and prioritisation is a vital skill.
- Will need to be hands on and lead the implementation of process improvement including internal controls and the roll-out of a new system.
- You will be a key decision-maker for relevant areas within the Accounting function, and will require influencing skills with the Procurement, Supply Chain and Finance teams and have the ability to create productive working relationships with colleagues across the business as necessary
- Manage and train/coach a team of 1 direct and 6 indirect reports and being the key point of escalation for those individuals.
- Applying technical competence and expertise, deliver accurate data and analysis for external reporting (for example, payment statistics) and identify key actions and resolutions to implement to improve key metrics. Present this information back to the Director of Group Financial Control and Group CFO, and influence other internal stakeholders on the actions through to resolution.
- Escalation point and key decision-maker for the team, supporting them with their investigation and resolution of any aged payable, vendor-related and payment issues through regular liaison both internally across all functions (primarily procurement, supply chain and finance) and externally with suppliers.
- Deliver resolution of complex reconciliations of supplier invoices and issues through leading and managing the team.
- Review timely management information and balance sheet reconciliations applying technical expertise.
- Set day to day processes for the team and monitor their effectiveness. Identify opportunities for process improvement over the productivity of Accounts Payable team members and their associated KPIs. Make recommendations to the Senior Manager Accounts and Director of Group Financial Control for changes required and following approval, ensure they are put into action.
- Key decision-making regarding continuous process improvement, improving the use of automation and system controls, providing technical guidance, and managing the implementation of controls over the Accounts Payable and Inventory process.
- Lead the implementation of the second phase of a fully embedded ERP system ensuring the end-product meets the needs of the business (particularly the Accounts Payable process).
- Review, challenge and approve payments to suppliers including the large month end supplier payment run ensuring accuracy of payment file and timely completion in conjunction with internal control requirements, as well as supporting Cash Management reviews with the Treasury management team, as and when required.
Driving conversations with and influencing key contacts in Accounting, Finance and other functions to ensure appropriate accounting treatment for relevant areas.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience from a similar position in a multinational group or large plc
- Training from a Big 4 or mid-tier audit firm would be an advantage
- Managerial skills and experience in supervising or managing a team
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders both internally and externally including external auditors
- Experience of applying analytical skills - includes the ability to spot, assess and address risks, and identifying, recommending and implementing appropriate actions for improvement
If you do not have an up to date CV but would like a conversation about this role, please contact Gavin Reynolds or Joanne Sizer for a conversation.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'