Role Title: Accounting Production Functional Lead
Management Level: Manages others
Reports To: Director of Finance Transformation
Location: Paddington, London
Travel Requirement: Occasionally to UK sites
Recruiter: Stephen Fox
Working with Prudential as an Accounting Production Functional Lead means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you’re inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
At Prudential we’re absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products.
We help people build their futures with long-term savings, investments and pensions. And with six million customers in the UK alone, we're one of the country's leading providers. We're also one of the longest-established, with roots going back to 1848.
The Finance Ambition Programme is transforming the ways of working in Prudential’s Finance function. It is transforming the end to end processes enabled by new technologies. The programme is also responsible for accelerating the working day timetable for external reporting to meet the requirements of Solvency 2 and implementing IFRS 17, the new insurance accounting standard.
The role holder will lead the transformation of the accounting processes from data capture to ledger close and production of other accounting information used in the financial reporting processes. The role holder will also be responsible for the provision of the business requirements for new technology solutions to be used in the processes.
• To lead the design and implementation of accounting production processes from data capture to ledger close and other accounting information used in the financial reporting process encompassing all relevant business, technical and regulatory requirements.
• To lead the production of business requirements for new technology to be used in the financial reporting processes eg sub ledger
• To lead the definition of business requirements for inputs to accounting processes including the design of the detailed journal entries to record business events
• To lead the design, development and implementation of the reconciliation processes between data sources and the general ledger as a result of the implementation of new technologies in the accounting production processes
• To take ownership for the implementation of a best practice accounting close process including the controls required
• To be responsible for ensuring the accounting production processes operate effectively through transition states of the programme including the implementation of any changes to the existing technology supporting the process such as the general ledger
• To advise other functional leads across the programme of relevant accounting production related regulatory and legislative frameworks which could impact their delivery
• To advise and work with other functional leads across the programme to ensure in and outbound requirements for accounting production are met
• To lead the accounting production team which will include a mixed skill set of permanent and contractor resource
• Extensive knowledge of accounting standards and reporting (GAAP, IFRS, Solvency II and EEV).
• Extensive knowledge of finance systems, processes and controls.
• Extensive knowledge of the General ledger and Sub Ledger close process.
• Extensive knowledge of financial services regulator and legislator frameworks.
• Detailed knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors.
• Detailed knowledge of accounting standards and reporting (GAAP, IFRS, Solvency II and EEV).
• Desirable knowledge of data manipulation techniques and systems architecture.
• Desirable knowledge of Actuarial processes and methodology
• Strong programme and team leadership experience
• Experience of Finance processes, systems and reference implementations.
• Experience of financial transformation programmes in a complex Life insurer or other large complex financial institution
• Experience of leading and directing the Accounting Production/Financial Close process
• Experience in IFRS, Solvency II and EEV accounts production and elements of reporting
• Significant experience of building operating models, business designs and processes
• Significant experience of making key process and control recommendations aligned to business needs
• Attention to detail
• Analytical mind-set, able to identify process improvements
• Ability to articulate and communicate to a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Able to drive forward change and deliver to a high standard, against defined timelines
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job