This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting and growing, commercially focused Accounting & Outsourcing team within a large global accounting firm, and a genuine opportunity to continue the development of your career in a supportive environment where team-ethic is fundamentally important to its philosophy.
To provide a high quality service to Mazars Leicester’s Accounting & Outsourcing Department’s client base and ensure the accurate and timely preparation of client management accounts, year end statutory financial statements and corporation tax calculations and returns.
To be part of a team of expert advisors who proactively build close "trusted adviser" relationships with their clients and deliver bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from assisting with year end compliance accounts and tax matters, regular processing and month end reporting, to advisory projects which can cover a full spectrum topics and objectives.
To motivate, manage, support, and also drive the development of early stage trainees to achieve the highest levels of performance and engagement.
The clients will range from SME’s, entrepreneurial and larger organisations based around the East Midlands from a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, service industry, construction and retail.
• Working within a team to provide a high quality, commercially focused, value added service to the department’s client base.
• To ensure accurate and timely preparation of client management accounts, VAT compliance, year end statutory accounts and accompanying corporation tax returns.
• To be part of a team of expert advisors who work hard to deliver a responsive, timely and client-centric service.
• To assist the department in servicing its growing client portfolio.
• Communicating and dealing with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously.
• Mentoring, supervising and supporting the development of trainee colleagues
• Liaising with other departments (particularly, Audit, Tax and Financial Planning) for specialist advice
• Building strong personal relationships with clients.
• Opportunity to get involved with business development activities
• Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to client queries.
• Communicating effectively with our other service lines to increase cross-referred business.
• Keeping managers informed of case progress and any issues arising.
• AAT qualified or part qualified with broad practical accounting & outsourcing experience
• Ambitious and willing to develop their own career.
• Enthusiastic about the highest levels of client service
• Strong people management skills with a passion for developing others
• Strong organisational skills
• Good experience of the preparation of management accountants and statutory accounts for a variety of businesses
• Relevant recent experience working in either practice or industry.
• Strong business and commercial acumen
• Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong numerical and IT skills
• Beneficial to have experience of a broad range of accountancy packages used by SME businesses, in particular Xero, but not essential
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people - we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence over 80 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement - not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"