To lead and supervise the staff of the accounting department and act as a primary support to the Finance Manager. Develop, prepare and distribute reports, which reflect the financial position, results of operations and related financial data for the Subsidiary or Branch on a consolidated US GAAP basis. Provide support in the development of accounting processes and reports, maintain account activities, and assist with financial statements during monthly closing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following:
1.Directs the work of the accounting department and assist the Finance Manager in carrying out the integration of the subsidiary into the US GAAP closing process.
2.Prepares and distributes on a timely basis reports to the Corporate Accounting Department according to US GAAP.
3.Prepares internal management reports with appropriate analysis and comments, such as the significant figures report and income statement variances reports.
4.Controls and reconciles inter-company billings.
5.Carries out all aspects of local Central Bank reporting requirements.
6.Reports financial information to Treasury in USA, real estate, legal, accounting, etc., as required for their external reporting press releases and surveys.
7.Coordinates activities for audit reviews performed by the internal and external auditors.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Good computing and modelling skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, FASB's, FOGAP procedures.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of lease, hedge and "foreign currency" accounting.
4. Accurate and timely financial reporting for the business, internally and externally.
5. Maintain procedures and controls to protect the assets of the company.
6. Foster high quality standards driven by company objectives and a strong motivation for continuous improvement.
7. Assist in maintaining an environment conducive to collaboration across business units and job functions.
8. Interpret various SEC and US GAAP regulations and recommend adjustments when changes occur.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A university degree in accounting or a relevant business discipline and a minimum of 6 years progressive exempt experience in, and a thorough knowledge of the financial accounting activities of a multinational company are recommended.
ACCA, ACA,CPA,CIMA,or ACT preferred.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job