Purpose Of Job:
Preparation of financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies with good knowledge of the disclosures required in each case. Confidence in dealing with team members and clients and being involved in client meetings as and when necessary.
Dealing with personal and corporate tax matters including the preparation of corporation tax returns.
Bookkeeping services including the preparation of VAT returns.
- Identify areas of potential weakness in clients’ systems and recognising where extension fees may be raised.
- Gain exposure to all major areas of client file.
- Gain exposure to all the major areas of an accounts preparation assignment.
- Start to develop professional scepticism.
- Preparing straightforward tax computations.
- Self motivated, work well under pressure and plan and prioritise own workloads.
- AAT qualified or part-qualified with previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of CCH AP, Alphatax, and CCH Review and Tag.
Good working knowledge of Excel, Sage and Xero.
- Has a basic understanding and awareness of accounting standards and tax legislation and the ability to develop this further.
- Has a basic understanding of professional ethics and ethical standards and the ability to develop this further.
- Can prepare a straightforward tax computation without supervision.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change and new objectives.
- Ability to relate well to other staff and work as part of a team.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'