Accounting Coordinator - Birmingham
Enterprise Rent A Car has an immediate opening for an Accounting Co-ordinator for the West Midlands Region in the group’s head office in Redditch.
The group currently has 45 branches including an international airport in England’s second city, Birmingham. The group covers the whole of the West Midlands region and stretches from Wales in the West to Coventry and Cheltenham in the East and South.
The successful candidate will be directly involved with their assigned area’s and responsible for working as a business partner to help impact the four core areas of the business as well as driving a strong cost control culture. This will require building strong relations with branch personnel, training in key areas and various financial statement responsibilities. The role will be varied and demanding but in return will provide fantastic career opportunity for the right candidate. A willingness to relocate across the UK for future opportunities is a must.
The successful candidate will be placed onto the Business Management development scheme, intended to give detailed exposure to our financial statement & business practices, in order to develop employees for future leadership roles within the team. This role comes with study support in CIMA and ACCA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and analyse monthly statements to ensure their integrity and accuracy
- Train branches and managers on A/R cleanup procedures and financial statements
- Act as a financial consultant to branch managers by providing support, reporting data, and driving cost-saving initiatives
- Produce daily financial and compliance reporting to senior management
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Work with other departments to improve operations as well as gaining an understanding of our business as a whole
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Willingness to relocate for career progression is a necessity
- Commitment to completing a Professional Accountancy Qualifications
- Excellent communication, organisational, and time-management skills
- Strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A firm understanding of the impact that Business Management has on the business as a whole
- An ability to work to strict deadlines
- Highly energetic, highly motivated, and detail oriented
- Must have accounting experience
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office
- Must have an accounting related degree
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"