Accounting and Financial Reporting Assistant
We are searching for an experienced Accounting and Financial Reporting Assistant
Overall Job Purpose
We are looking to hire an accounting and financial reporting assistant in our London office to assist the department with the preparation of client accounts, providing efficient and effective accountancy services to a range of clients, while promoting the firm at all times.
- To prepare statutory accounts to review stage for Manager to review.
- To prepare management accounts in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions (including Planning Memos), and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To review accounts objectively (taking ‘helicopter view’) to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients, with the aim of providing top line growth.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute’s CPE requirements.
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To prepare statutory accounts (and consolidated accounts) to review stage for Manager to review.
- To prepare Corporate Tax computations for clients as appropriate (e.g. D list clients) for Manager to review
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications and to summarise all potential client business needs and how the firm can fulfil them.
- To review work completed by trainee staff for adequacy and completeness, where appropriate
- To assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To summarise time spent on regular basis, and to perform the firm’s review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- To ensure all work is completed in accordance with the previously agreed budget and/or highlight concerns asap if there are any issues identified in doing so.
- To maintain training records conscientiously and keep up to date with examination studies, where applicable.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health & Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
- Candidates must be AAT qualified or have significant relevant experience
- Previous experience of carrying out accounts related tasks as requested by the Accounts Manager
- Experience of SAGE accounting systems.
- Accounts experience from a practice background would be distinct advantage.
- Proven experience of good client relations.
- An understanding of VAT would be advantageous.
- Experience of analytical review approach desirable.
LONDON - FARRINGDON STREET
Accounting and Business Advisory
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'