Intern - Accounting, Finance and Treasury function
The UK banking division of a global joint venture operation has an immediate opportunity for a current undergraduate in their sandwich year for an intern role starting immediately and running through to September of 2018.
As a captive finance company predominantly supporting Group brands offering financing solutions to car dealerships, and private & business customers, the role within the finance and treasury teams consists of a variety of responsibilities and participation in ad hoc projects as required.
Key departmental responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Balance sheet management and reconciliation
- Monthly, quarterly and year end reporting to Group
- Completion of annual statutory reporting
- Treasury management which includes but is not limited to: securitisation, cash flow reporting, cash management, high volumes of cash payments and receipts processing
- Systems management and remediation
- Co-ordination of all aspects of tax management and compliance
- Compliance: management of internal self audit reporting process
- Co-ordination and management of internal and external quarterly and annual audits
- Accounts payable and t&e management
- Ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate:
- Strong communication / presentation skills. Able to adapt and adjust to different audiences as required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Shares openly ideas and is prepared to challenge the status quo
- Good team player
- Resilient and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Business Objects experience is desirable
You will also be studying for a business, finance or accounting related degree. Immediate start required. Salary is minimum wage, annualised.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job