BMC are working closely with a prestigious national Accountancy Practice, in their search for two exceptional qualified accountants to be based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
This is a Supervisory role, working for the Accounting & Business Advisory team. As part of a team responsible for providing accounting, financial and compliance expertise to a wide range of clients you would play an important role, both through managing your own portfolio of clients as well as supervising the more junior members of the team.
A great deal of your work would focus on end of year statutory accounts, therefore a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, Consolidation Technique, LLP SORP and UK GAAP will be required as will exposure to and knowledge of working within Audit departments in previous roles. You will ensure that all work is completed to the highest possible standard of client service and within agreed budgets.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements
- To take the hands on Supervisory role on assignments as and when required
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary
- To perform the firm’s review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, actively look for opportunities to cross sell, and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate
- To closely monitor the practice management system reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements
- To support the training and development of the staff within the ABA department
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your accounting career within a fast-paced and high volume area of the business.
Candidates must be fully ACA/ACCA Qualified, or with significant practice experience.
If you are currently working in a practice based role of any kind and at any level, I would be keen to speak to you even if the above role does not match your experience or aspirations. BMC are working on a large number of opportunities throughout the North East, and there is currently a shortage of experienced candidates. We offer a generous referral scheme if you know anyone who is considering reviewing their options.
- Business Advisory
- Financial Reporting
- UK GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job