At Britvic, we’re on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted drinks company in the world. As one of the UK’s leading players in the FMCG market we pride ourselves on setting high standards, being courageous and pushing ourselves to think outside the bottle.
About the Role:
The Commercial Accounting Analyst - International is responsible and is the lead point of contact for the accounting, monitoring, analysis and reporting of the rebates spends across all routes to market in EMEA and the Netherlands.
• Owning month-end and in-month activities and financial reporting for rebates, including working with finance/non-finance managers and sales/brand teams. Lead the International monthly profit review meeting for these areas.
• Business Partnering with the International Sales teams, Finance Business Partners and Finance Controller.
• Tight balance sheet management with regular in-depth reviews with above teams to enable effective accrual management in line with customers Business Plans.
• Managing the PepsiCo Bottling Incentive (PBI) contribution process across GB and International
• Owning the external audits for Rebates in EMEA and the Netherlands and being the key point of contact for external auditors on these areas.
• Supporting projects and IT system upgrades as necessary
• Support the preparation of robust and timely month end accounts for all rebates areas and PBI Balance sheet accounts in line with the group timetable reporting.
• Prepare month end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts with fully supported and adequate documentation and commentary for rebates and PBI Balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare reconciliations between various information systems (SAP, COPA, BW)
• Prepare, own and manage adjustments and provisions.
• Prepare Brand, Customer, PY and prior month analysis of rebates on a monthly basis.
• Create monthly reports and ensure month end reconciliations are prepared for all rebates spend and PBI Balance sheet accounts, fully supported with adequate documentation and narrative
• Support the corrective workaround and resolution of system issues impacting rebates areas.
• Prepare the monthly Pepsi invoices and set up the corresponding rebates
• Responsible for the annual external Pence Per Litre (PPL) audit in conjunction with PepsiCo and the external auditors
• Provide appropriate accounting and financial support and guidance to International Sales teams, Finance Business Partners, Finance Controller and wider business.
• Regular deep dive analyses on all promotions in conjunction with business partners ahead of key reporting months (Movements in month, BS accruals).
• Ad-hoc support for the cross functional business partners.
• Ad-hoc / project work for Commercial Accounting team and partners around the business.
Audit & Control
• Identify opportunities for process improvement to improve efficiency and control
• Identify risks and opportunities in the way business is conducted, with balance sheets and with regards to provisions.
• Prepare and provide all necessary material for the external audit in relation to rebates.
• Support Commercial Accounting Manager with the PepsiCo cooperation Audit process
• Studying towards accountancy qualification (CIMA / ACCA)
• Good understanding of financial & accounting principles
• Advanced Excel skills
• Systems: MS Office; Solid skills with accounting software such as SAP R3 and BW
• Proactive self-starter
• Ability to identify an issue, problem solve through to resolution and escalate as needed
• Strong communicator and influence - able to clearly articulate finance concepts to non-finance colleagues
• Operates with discipline
• Ability to challenge the business partners
• Highly organised and reliable
• Background in FMCG preferable - retailer or manufacturer
• Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Credit Control
- Credit Management
- Team Leader
- Team Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'