Are you a Qualified Accountant looking for an entrepreneurial company for your next career move?
Would you love to get out of Practice and use your skills in a fast-growing SaaS company?
And keen to use your team management skills?
This may well be the role for you…
About your new role as Senior Accountant and Ops Lead
Your new role as the company’s Senior Accountant with operational accountabilities has three core focuses:
- Be the go-to for clients who need accountancy support that the less experienced accountants need your help with
- Become the day-to-day operations lead and the bridge between the directors, who will focus on growing the business
- Support the directors in the development of the existing and new suite of products and services
You’ll use your skills, experience and personality to:
Lead the accountancy-based customer service team made up of 4 talented junior accountants.
Support on all technical aspects of the accountancy support, such as:
- Prepare annual accounts for small and Micro entities
- Review junior staff’s work when required.
- Prepare UK Corporation Tax CT600 forms and computations using in-house software.
- Use your expertise to contribute to knowledge-based articles and provide QA support for junior staff’s articles prior to publishing.
- Contribute to designing and launching new products, working closely with the technology team, and performing user testing.
- Contribute ideas to the development of the business and identify potential gaps in the market (your entrepreneurial side can shine in this company!)
- Keep up to date with changes/potential changes to tax rules to ensure existing products remain compliant.
- Turn your hand to whatever may be needed to grow the business and support the 5-year roadmap for their growth, which includes recruiting new accountants and support staff.
- Thrive in a brand new role for the company where you can make it your own within a motivated and happy team.
About the Company
You would be joining a small but growing company with amazing plans to expand into several areas over the coming years.
Your new role in their front office accounting support team will ensure they have an even stronger backbone of our hugely popular managed filing service.
The tech the company has created is used by over 8000 (growing over 2000 annually) Small and Micro companies. They’d love to be supporting many more, which is where you come in! The company’s tech platform provides both self-filing and a managed filing service, which helps their customers complete their online Corporation Tax returns and create their end-of-year FRS105/FRS102 Ixbrl accounts. No more Excel spreadsheets and much less stress in ensuring their MTD compliance.
- Accountancy Practice experience and enjoy speaking with clients/customers
- Excellent Corporation Tax computations experience.
- Desire to contribute to a company's growth and scratch that itch to get out of Practice.
- Strong communication skills for both your team as well as clients.
- A good personality to have in the team - positive and motivated, and you get a kick out of helping people.
- You rather like technology and what it can do for clients.
- You would love to be based in the office and able to get to Eastcheap, London easily, every day.
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/Accounting)
What’s in it for you?
- Salary up to £55,000 depending on experience
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Private medical care
- Annual bonus
- Monthly social evenings
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- A wonderful office, looking right down Eastcheap!
- Great tech; you’ll have access to all the latest systems and tech
- Knowledge that you and the team are making a difference to small and Micro business owners.
- Opportunity to mould an exciting career for yourself in an entrepreneurial growing company.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: Your People Partners are our selected hiring partners. If you’re a recruitment company wishing to support the hiring for this vacancy, please reach out to YPP directly as you may be selected for the agency PSL.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'