Goldhawk Associates are working with an established firm of Accountants, supporting them to appoint an Accountant working to support their owner-managed business clients. Based near West Malling this opportunity can offer a nurturing environment with a supportive attitude towards development and training and where progression is encouraged. They are a niche independent tax planning and business consultancy practice in Kent. They provide integrated advice to private clients and their businesses on all aspects of tax planning, business consultancy, and financial management. They focus on the planning needs of high-net-worth individuals and their businesses in the following areas, Owner managers, Property investors, and International clients.
This role would suit an experienced qualified accountant, you will work within this small but established team, you will gain exposure to a varied client base, and will be engaging directly with clients so good communications skills are key.
You will be responsible for:
• Preparation of client accounts and schedules for Manager / Partner review
• Preparation of financial reporting packs, working directly with clients and being responsible for a varied portfolio, working to deadlines and within budget
• Proactively support clients with digitalisation and automation of bookkeeping and accounting processes
• Proactively planning and managing the compliance needs for a portfolio of Tax, Accounts, Payroll, and Company Secretarial clients ensuring that All deadlines are met and completely documented on IRIS and client files In accordance with established quality control standards And reasonable client service expectations
• Preparation and submission of Annual Confirmation Statements (and other Companies House compliance reporting)
• Handling all communications (letters, telephone calls, emails) with clients, HMRC, Companies House, and other agencies as required
• Monitoring the timely preparation and filing of VAT returns for a portfolio of clients
• Fee billing and recording time costs
• Documentation of contact with clients (meeting notes, telephone conversations, etc)
• Provide Financial Advisory, Project management, and consultancy services to owner-managed businesses
• Onboarding new clients
It is essential that you have previous experience of working within an accountancy practice and be an ACA/ ACCA qualified accountant. In turn, you will benefit from:
• Outstanding personal and professional development, supporting you in achieving your professional qualification
• Exposure to a high quality and diverse HNW client base
• A high-performance culture
• Autonomy & and empowerment
• A flexible work environment
• Industry-leading technology and software
Parking on site, hybrid working, pension and 25 days annual leave
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'