About the role
Here at DS Smith we have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join the Finance team at our Business Service Centre in Caerphilly . The primary purpose of the role is to work with Finance colleagues to deliver a world class accounting service across the UK business.
In this role, you will work in accordance with service level agreements, performing general accounting and reporting activities on behalf of our in-house Marketing business. You will also be involved in identifying improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided. You will be interacting with different teams at the Business Service Centre and throughout the organisation, always ensuring that processes are understood and supported.
You'll be working on account reconciliations, journal entries, data compilation and analysis, ensuring accuracy and timely delivery. We'll also be asking you to compile regular financial statements, prepare special projects and perform analysis for our senior management team. There will be opportunities to undertake investigations into financial irregularities and, where appropriate, make any required adjustments or seek out support from the senior management.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
- Experience of management and financial accounting and reporting
- Experience of working in a busy environment, providing accounting/reporting services to tight deadlines
- Experience of working independently to prepare monthly reports and analysis
- Flexible worker who can pick up and complete ad-hoc tasks when required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A competent computer user with experience of using Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel
- Ability to produce work to an excellent standard, paying meticulous attention to detail at all times
- Part qualified or working towards an accountancy qualification
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
Location: Caerphilly - we operate a hybrid working model with employees in the office on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'