Temporary Accountant Opportunity: Belfast City Centre
SALARY: £20.95-£22.45 an hour
Reed Accountancy is partnered with a highly reputable client in Belfast City Centre who have a requirement for an experienced QualifiedAccountant on a temporary and full-time basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining the development of the organisation’s financial reporting and control systems and ensuring regularity and propriety in managing public funds. In this role you will support the Director of Corporate Services in managing and controlling the use of the organisation’s financial and physical resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and improve financial systems and procedures.
- Monitor, control and manage income and expenditure and bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly management accounts including budgetary and variance information and statutory year end accounts to deadlines.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and maintain Business Cases files.
- Assist Staff with Policy and procedure implementation.
- Fixed Asset Register maintenance
- Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls.
- Contribute to ongoing Information re-categorisation project.
- Attendance at external meetings as required.
- Manage and develop financial management information systems and databases.
- Liaise with IT support on IT related issues.
- Ensuring full compliance with Financial Memorandum guidance.
What you’ll need to succeed!
- Full membership of one of the bodies detailed below:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland; or Scotland; or England; or Wales
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial management / management accounting OR financial accounting / auditing experience within the public, private, voluntary or community sector.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity in an accounting, finance or audit environment.
- Possess experience in the production of monthly management accounts using computer-based accounting systems and experience in the preparation of final statutory accounts.
- Have knowledge or experience of contemporary corporate governance and risk management practices and procedures.
- Have knowledge of public procurement practices
- Have experience of policy and procedure review in a finance setting
For more information, including package details, please contact Mary at Reed Belfast, apply via this advert, or contact me confidentially on LinkedIn.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'