Hours: Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5.30pm
Location: London, NW11
Salary: £45,000-£60,000 (depending on experience)
Our client is an accountancy firm based in North West London and are looking for an accountant to join their team. They are a smaller but fast growing firm and manage a wide range of different type of portfolios.
The Accountant will work closely along side one of the partners and will be a critical part of the team. You must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and have the ability to manage the demands of a heavy work load. You must be able to prioritize tasks and address the most critical and pressing demands first. Being an outstanding team player and having a good relationship with the rest of the team is essential.
Good working knowledge of difference accountancy software is essential.
Day to day duties:
- Accessing financial records of the clients
- Preparing, reconciling and filing VAT and Sales returns
- Preparing year end and statutory accounts
- Reviewing bookkeeping and Xero records, dealing with journals, and preparing management accounts
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
- Assisting with bookkeeping, accounting, VAT and payroll work as needed
- Business tax knowledge preferable but full support given
- Supporting clients with running their businesses and improving their record keeping
- Look for opportunities to improve internal processes and technology
Accountant, skills and experience:
- Level 4 AAT qualified or qualified ACA or ACCA
- Previous accountancy practice experience essential
- Experience in Xero cloud accounting technology essential
- Experience in Sage Accounts Production Advance & CCH essential
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and passionate
- Dynamic, team orientated and confident
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Great organizational and communications skills
- Committed to continuous personal development
- Comfortable to research solutions but balanced by knowing when to consult with others
- Ability to prioritize and delegate
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to display initiative and act decisively when necessary for a client
- Commercial mindset
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'