Your new company
Your new company are a leader in their field based in Stoke and are looking for an AAT Qualified or ACCA/CIMA studier to join their team on a permanent basis in an Accountant role.
Your new role
- Preparation of 4 weekly management accounts for relevant entities of responsibility
- Record all accounting entries in a robust manner for relevant entities of responsibility
- Collate information from numerous Internal and External systems
- Escalate any clear and obvious variances to the management team
- Assist in preparing accounts for the audit process, UK entities
- Calculation and posting of Period End Accruals and Pre-payments ensuring all balances are fully supportable
- Assisting with the Statutory Accounts process and Annual Audit
- Collate financial information at an entity level in a timely manner
- Analyse variances of actual to budget to identify discrepancies
- Prepare Balance Sheets reconciliations and present to Senior Accountant – Reporting, highlighting any issues
- Create and maintain documentation to support the reconciliation and review processes
- Compare actuals to budget and investigate variances
- Provide support/inputs into the annual budget setting process
- Following investigation, escalate unanswered variances to senior finance managers
- Create reports for entities regarding financial spend against forecasts
- Distribute several reports to Senior staff & Managers within other areas of the business
- Write supporting commentary explaining significant movements away from budget
- Assist the Senior Accountant - Board Report commentaries
What you'll need to succeed
- AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA studier
- Team player
- Some expeirnce in management accounts
- Looking for progression
What you'll get in return
- £31,500 + 10% bonus + study support
- Based in Stoke
- Hybrid working – 2/3 days from home
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday off + buy/sell 5 days
- Company pension scheme matched
- 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- £5 canteen spend daily
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'