Our client is seeking an experienced Practice Accountant to join their busy accountancy firm in Wakefield.
Our client is a well-established accountancy firm who takes pride in supporting their customers and seeing businesses succeed and grow. As Practice Accountant, you will be part of a company that builds strong relationships with and proactively cares for their SME client base in all accounting and tax related matters.
They are proud to state they never lose clients due to failures in service as they have systems in place to help them achieve client care and as someone new joining them, you’ll help build upon this even more through continual improvement
As a Practice Accountant your duties will include:
- Client service delivery, which will account for around 80% of your work, covering all key areas of accounting and taxation
- People management, marketing and business development and practice management will account for the remaining 20% of working hours and training will be given as required
- Preparation of accounts according for FRS102
- Development of control framework to ensure accountancy services comply with clients deadlines and HMRC etc
- Preparation of returns for corporation tax, personal tax and VAT
- Occasional payroll cover
- Identification of possible cross-selling advisory and other opportunities
- Assisting in systematising our client’s accountancy service
- Assisting in upscaling their R&D service offering (training provided)
Also included will be helping them to implement Go Proposal across the firm, migration to a new document management system, utilisation of Zapier to link up their systems and improvements to client take-on.
To be successful for the role of Practice Accountant you must be / have:
- A minimum qualification of AAT and 5 years previous experience preferred - valued more than your qualifications and experience, is your motivation and desire to help then build and expand their firm to become the most client focused and successful local practice
- Be confident in your IT abilities as they are a paperless firm using many different software packages including systems for practice management, document management, client happiness tracking, email marketing, invoice and bank statement digitization, as well as various forecasting tools
- Have excellent people skills and be able to speak without accountancy jargon in a way clients can relate to
- Be focused and able to advise other members of the team in a friendly and encouraging manner
Salary and Rewards
For the position of Practice Accountant, there is on offer a salary of £25,000 to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience plus:
- A great work life balance!
- Remote working
- Free mobile phone
- Performance related bonuses
- Going to the gym and spa in work time
- Plenty of extra holiday days
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Being involved in making us the best firm in Yorkshire!
- Work trips and nights out
- Usual 35 hours per week (part time considered)
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is advertising on behalf of the Hiring Company and your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Accountancy, accountant, AAT, practice accountant, taxation, bookkeeping, Wakefield, senior accountant,
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'