The Optionis Group is currently looking for Accountants with experience of providing a great service to clients within an accountancy practice to join our industry leading business.
As a business we are looking to recruit candidates from trainee - senior level
Optionis is the market-leading provider of accountancy, tax and umbrella employment solutions to contractors and small businesses within the UK. You will be joining a team of 450 staff, who represent highly successful brands such as Parasol, ClearSky, SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams
What we offer:
- Study support towards AAT or ACCA.
- The opportunity to manage and grow your own client portfolio.
- Your Flexibility - we give our staff the ability to choose the way in which they work, be that fully from home, in an office or in an arrangement mixing the best of both.
- Industry leading career development
- 23 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays). As a special thank you for each completed year of service with the company you will receive an additional days holiday (up to a maximum of 28 days or pro rata equivalent)
- Additional days off for Birthday and 100% attendance · Exclusive Discounts & Offers from 'Savings Pal’ - UK’s Leading Benefits Platform
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Dress down’ dress code
- Free on-site parking
- Tusker Car benefit scheme - salary sacrifice green CO2 capped · Free Mortgage service
- Holiday Buy & Exchange Scheme
- Gym Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care Vouchers - Specsavers
- The Opportunity to Earn Vouchers for Business Referrals & Reviews
You will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of a high-quality service to a portfolio of clients. Responsibilities will include but aren’t limited to:
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600 and Corporation Tax.
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Calculating liabilities such as PAYE and VAT & ensuring RTI requirements are met.
- Meet statutory deadlines for VAT, Statutory Accounts, Company and SATR.
- Producing a monthly profit and loss breakdown for clients if required
- Liaising with HMRC and banking providers on behalf of clients.
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice.
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty.
- Supporting a Team Manager and mentoring junior team members if required
- Quality control and file reviews of colleagues if required.
What we are looking for:
- Part-qualified/ qualified AAT or ACCA Accountant who is looking to progress.
- Demonstrable experience in an accountancy practice with experience of owning a portfolio highly desirable.
- An ability to prepare year-end accounts as well as tax returns.
- An understanding of IR35 is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good time management and organisation skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Chartered Accountants
- Tax Returns
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'