Hays Accountancy & Finance are recruiting a PQ Accountant to permanently support an established finance team
Your new company
You will be responsible for maintaining the records of accounts and preparing monthly management and financial accounts, for European legal entities. Working with the wider finance team and reporting into the Financial Controller.
Your new role
- Receive the knowledge of European accounting processes and bring to the UK, document processes and produce work instructions
- Produce monthly financial accounts for relevant legal entities
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Manage fixed assets for Swiss entities
- Produce monthly cash flow forecasts
- Set up and maintain master data
- Provide cover for other accountants and assist with cashbook, banking etc as required
- Support manager with any ad-hoc reporting or projects as required.
- Continuously improve processes and enhance the Finance Department's contribution to the company
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers, banking institutions and government agencies
What you'll need to succeed
- AAT or part qualified, working towards an accountancy qualification e.g CIMA, ACCA etc (Study support for a recognised accountancy qualification will be considered
- Previous experience in the preparation of month end accounts and management reporting is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables and VLookups)
- A continuous improvement mindset is required to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- A can do attitude and a willingness to take on other activities from time to time is necessary
- Good attention to detail
What you'll get in return
- 37 per week- Monday to Friday
- Permanent opportunity with a brilliant and innovative business
- Remote on-boarding moving into a hybrid working pattern (several days working from home and several in the office)
- £29,500 pa
- Generous benefits programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'