Our client is seeking an Accountant on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £14.50 Per Hour PAYE
To provide technical and financial advice on the compliance of the Council's accounts against statutory guidance in support of the Finance Manager and Chief Financial Accountant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with all the teams in Accountancy to ensure that the Chart of Accounts reflects the latest Cipfa code of practice and IFRS requirements.
- Assist and work with budget managers in departments to ensure they understand the implications the changes in financial reporting.
- Maintain and reconcile key Council control accounts.
- Support the Senior Accountant and Finance Manager with the production of statutory government returns, coordination and production of the annual financial statements and Whole Government Accounts.
- Any other duties as required being commensurate with the role grading.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of using Agresso
- Experience of liaising with all levels of management
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant (as a minimum undertaking AAT level 4)
- Experience of Local Government accounting
- At least 3 years experience in an accounting environment in a technical accounting role, i.e. experience of preparing financial accounts
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'