A small friendly independent firm, based in Borehamwood are looking to recruit a motivated, driven and experienced (at least 3 years) Accountant who could be ACCA/ACA qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience, to join their growing team. The successful candidate must be proficient on Microsoft products, including Excel, and have experience with Sage and/or Xero. The successful candidate will be given their own portfolio of clients to manage and will be expected to supervise junior members of staff.
The successful candidate will have experience in all aspects of work within a small Accountancy practice. The role will be to serve a portfolio of clients who require bookkeeping, VAT, payroll services, management accounts, accounts preparation and taxation services. The role includes:
- Preparation of accounts for Limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Using accounting software to create and finalise Accounts.
- The completion of personal/corporate Tax Returns and VAT Returns.
- Completing PAYE records including associated documentation.
- Carrying out bookkeeping duties at our offices and client’s premises.
- Preparing management accounts, including reconciling bank balances, sales and purchase ledgers.
- Participating in audits.
- Managing the production and submission of annual P11d forms.
- Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Liaise with clients regarding their financial and accounting affairs.
- Experience of working for a UK accountancy practice (ACA/ACCA/AAT/part qualified can be considered) with a background of preparing accounts, corporation tax returns, personal tax returns and dealing with clients
- Excellent communication skills are required including written and spoken English
- A team player but also able to work on your own initiative
- Highly organised and able to use your initiative, as well as manage your own client portfolio
- Strong time management skills, able to work to deadlines whilst still taking pride and care in the quality of your work
- IT literate
The company offers a great working environment and this is a genuine fantastic long term opportunity for the right candidate.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'