Line Manager: Finance Director
My client is a well-established market leader in the IT industry
serving the aviation market. Their product range consists of powerful solutions delivering functionality including Engineering/CAMO, Procurement & Logistics, Flight Operations & Crew Management/Rostering, Human Resources, Finance, Quality Audit & Training. Due to expansion, we are now increasing our Finance Team in
Overview of the Role:
This position provides financial accounting activities to support our list of international companies in order to ensure financial accuracy of each country’s accounts and to assist the company to achieve commercial success in the aero-industry sector.
Main duties will include preparation of the monthly financial accounts to senior management, provision of ad-hoc financial reports, credit control functions including sales invoices preparation and liaising with internal stakeholders regarding the Debtors ledger. As well as this, you will be responsible for the upkeep of staff top up cards (similar to credit cards), various reconciliations including some bank reconciliations, and an overview of the expenses submission process which occurs monthly. At our year end, you will be expected to assist in the preparation of entity accounts and liaise with auditors and local agents to ensure the smooth closure of year end accounts.
- Booking transactions onto accounts package for invoices, payments received from customers, expense claims, intercompany transfers, bank reconciliations;
- Assist Financial Accountant and Finance Director in financial reporting;
- Bi-weekly report to FD for Debtors ledger review;
- Regular reconciliation of various customer accounts and follow up and investigation of differences;
- Monitoring of monthly payments and help to process transactions during busy periods;
- Actively take charge of the credit control function to ensure cash flow
- reporting is accurate and sensible;
- Undertaking or participate in finance or operations related to ad-hoc projects as and when required. Assist FD and Financial Accountant in annual budgeting process;
- Preparation of VAT Returns;
- In consultation with Client services team to ensure correct billing time is captured within internal billing systems and follow up of any billing inconsistencies.
Essential Functional/Professional competencies:
- Principles of UK GAAP;
- Experience in preparing audited financial statements;
- Experience in Credit Control and debtors ledger work;
- Computer literate with a good working; knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, especially excel spreadsheets;
- Excellent written communication skills, able to articulate reports to senior management level;
- Initiative with drive to meet deadlines and achieve set standards.
- Knowledge of financial reporting packages (
- e.g. Microsoft dynamics Nav);
- Has had experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment;
- Experience in Credit Control procedures
- Confident communication skills;
- Flexibility and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and overtime as and when required;
- Able to work with minimal supervision with enthusiasm and a passion to succeed;
- Integrity and reliability
If interested, please email through a current CV and your salary requirements. Client is looking to fill this role ASAP. Hope to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'