MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting for a privately owned, well established organisation near Southwold who are seeking an Accountant. Reporting into the Managing Director you will be responsible for ensuring that the accounts of the group are managed accurately and reconciled on a timely basis. Duties will include:
- Preparing periodic financial statements including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, budgets, cash flows and provision of commentary to the results.
- Preparing monthly management accounts at an individual and consolidated level
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Liaising with the external Accountancy firm to produce the year end accounts and on tax matters in general throughout the year
- Carrying out transactional activities such as credit control, sales invoicing and processing purchase invoices
- Payroll including pensions and year end returns
- Establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems
- Establishing and implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Providing financial advice and information to support strategic business decision making and control
- Contribute to medium and long-term business planning
To be successful you will be a fully qualified Accountant with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be meticulous, accurate and well organised. Knowledge and experience of VAT, banking/treasury, financial accounts production and budgeting would be advantageous.
In return you will enjoy a fantastic working environment in an idyllic setting with free car parking, 25 days holiday, good benefits and 9-4.30 working hours.
- Financial Accounting
- Budget Setting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job