Our client is one of the UK’s top 20 accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK plus offices in Guernsey, Geneva and Zurich. They are actively seeking an Accounts & Audit Senior to join the audit and accounts department in their Peterborough office to provide a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients
The ideal candidate should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients. The successful candidate will become part of the audit and accounts department which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients. Your time will split approximately 50% on audit work and the remainder on offering other professional services such as accountancy, systems reviews, corporate tax and company secretarial work.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time
- Seeks self development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Applicants will be either ACA or ACCA qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice or audit. Familiarity with electronic auditing packages (e.g. Caseware) and accounts preparation with CCH Accounts Production is an advantage.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package and be afforded an opportunity to join a progressive accountancy practice whose style is personal and who value client relationships and a genuinely partner-led service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job