Are you a qualified Accountant who is tired of the daily commute into the City and want more flexibility around work hours?
If you are looking to move away from working in a corporate environment work as part of a small, friendly, close-knit team of other like-minded Accountants then this opportunity is for you.
We are working with a small well established Chartered Accountancy practice based in South Leicestershire that are offering the opportunity to join them and take on a small portfolio of clients ranging from Sole Traders to SMEs mainly based in and around the Leicestershire area.
Your responsibilities will include
- The preparation and completion of client accounts and prepare corporation tax computations where appropriate.
- To undertake specialist assignments to expand knowledge.
- Where appropriate, work at clients’ premises.
- The provision of a range of other services to clients as required e.g. general book-keeping, VAT Returns, Payroll, assistance with accounting software, tax computations etc.
- To constantly review the work undertaken and refer any compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the group.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect
- Must be AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience e.g. approx. 3 years general practice experience.
- Must be able to prepare accounts to final stage.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary. Training will be provided where needed.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act. Ongoing training will be provided.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 7 days then your application has been unsuccessful.
Flowers Associates is an equal opportunities employment consultancy for both temporary and permanent positions in Finance and Accountancy, Procurement and Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, Human Resource and Office Support, Administration, Customer Services and Call Centre.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job