Accountant - Well-established Practice - £38-42k
We are recruiting for an Accountant to join our client’s prestigious and well-established practice at its office in High Wycombe. Due to the nature of the business, this role will involve some travel to client sites and to the firm’s other offices as may occasionally be required.
The key focus of this role will be to provide professional accountancy services to clients. The role will involve accounts, tax work & some auditing for a client base including limited companies and sole traders, supporting Directors & senior managers in running their portfolios.
Reporting to a Director, the Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing financial information and advice
- Producing year-end accounts
- Completing self-assessments and corporate tax returns
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
- Supporting the Company Directors’ clients
- Supporting junior colleagues
This is a position for an experienced qualified accountant and as such, applicants will satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a two to three years post qualified, ACCA/ACA accountant
- Have demonstrated financial management experience
- Be aware of legislative compliance - ability to interpret and relevant legislation to clients
- Previous experience of working with clients in a busy accountancy practice
- Good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero
In addition, it would be desirable for applicants to have five years’ practice experience and be confident in coaching junior team members. Some audit experience would also be extremely beneficial, along with strong MS Office skills and some knowledge of CCH.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to deliver a high-quality accountancy service to clients
- In possession of strong but empathic communication skills
- IT literate
- Comfortable to work without close supervision
- A good team player
- Financial Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'