Accountant / VAT Manager - Liverpool City Centre - Free Parking
Are you ACCA or AAT qualified with experience of working within Practice?
Are you highly experienced in preparing and reviewing VAT Returns and giving advice to clients?
Can you support and train a small team of VAT issues?
Our client is a busy and successful accountancy practice based in Liverpool They are looking for an experienced (Qual or part qual) Accountant who have strong VAT knowledge to give VAT support and advice to the bookeepers and provide high quality VAT advice to clients. You will manage all aspects of clients VAT and be the first point of contact for all VAT queries. You will also support the bookkeeping team with VAT issues.
- Preparing and filing VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Providing clients with VAT advice
- Review monthly VAT reconciliations
- Aid with VAT enquiries and inspections when they arise.
- Negotiate with HMRC on VAT disputes.
- Deal with all VAT aspects of company sales and acquisitions, including carrying out due diligence, review of DD, review of sale and purchase agreement, and providing practical advice.
- Provide training, guidance and advice to junior members of the team to assist with their career and development
- Guide and oversee junior staff members to educate as much as possible in this area.
- Extensive expertise and practical experience in VAT
- Track record of promoting VAT advice to clients proactively
- Must be AAT qualified, ideally also working towards or ACCA/ACA qualified
- Experience preparing/reviewing VAT Returns
- Previous partial exemption experience
- Experience in dealing with HMRC both face to face and in written correspondence
- Experience within local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries
- Must have experience working within a private accountancy practice
- High personal drive and motivation
- Ability to tackle new challenges positively
- Confident user of IT including Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines
Salary and Package
Base Salary up to £28,000 - £32000, there may be potential for negotiation around this salary for the right levels of experience
Great Benefits Package
Flexible working hours
Working across a varied portfolio with autonomy
- Accountancy Firm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'