The organisation is growing rapidly and is therefore looking for a 3 month contractor to help out with the increasing workload. The role will focus on consolidations, monthly performance reports and maintaining accounting records.
The company is a subsidiary and consists of 3 other companies within the group. Two entities form a traditional ship management structure with a growing fleet and then other is a new structure that creates auditing systems for the monitoring of external managers and service providers.
The company is based near Oxford Street, a short walk from Marble Arch. You will be reporting directly into the Group Chief Accountant/Head of Technical.
- Preparation of monthly performance reports;
- Liaising with the technical and commercial teams to provide explanations and analysis on unexpected variances;
- Responsible for maintaining accounting records for all of the local service and holding companies within the group;
- Preparing the sub-group consolidation, including processing consolidation journals;
- Working closely with the accountant in India and Group Finance for group reporting purposes; and
- Ad hoc projects and other tasks as advised by the head of technical.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills;
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Good organisation skills, systematic and process driven
The role as an Accountant is for 3 months to start immediately. The role will pay between £15-£17 per hour dependent on experience.
If you have the experience listed above please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job