6 months FTC
The Role includes:
- Completion of core BAU daily tasks including P&L explain and FOBO reconciliation
- Taking responsibility for and improving a range of PL control and explain functions plus additional ad hoc projects and queries as they arise
- Being a direct point of contact for the Equity Execution Services trading desks and maintain close contact with senior management, across both AMRS and EMEA Business Units
- Participation in month end P&L and balance sheet close
- University Degree & strong academics
- Accounting knowledge - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent / working experience of the fundamentals of accounting principles
- Product Knowledge - candidate to have strong working experience of financial products preferably Equities and Equity Derivatives and the P&L Explain process.
- Excel/VBA/Access - part of the role will include process improvement across the group
- Communication - will require regular communication with the trading desk, senior management and other stakeholders within the bank.
- People management - some exposure to management would be beneficial but not essential
Nice to have
- Change management - previous exposure to Change management would be beneficial but not essential
- Execution - assumes ownership of problems and drives towards their resolution.
- Collaboration - communicates and partners well with others to accomplish goals, builds and leverages business relationships to affect change and improve control landscape.
- Energy and drive - maintains high levels of self motivation. Accepts and tackles demanding goals, seeks opportunities to apply new skills/knowledge.
- Courage - stands up for what he or she believes in and has the confidence to speak up, exhibit confidence outside confines of structured meetings.
- Character - acts on feedback to improve performance, works through challenges to achieve success. Has confidence when dealing with uncertainty.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job