An established and well-respected house builder in the Leicestershire area is looking to appoint an experienced Part Qualified/Newly Qualified Accountant to provide support to the Finance Manager with producing management accounts whilst also managing the accounts team.
- Liaising with Quantity Surveyors and reconciling QS WIP
- Producing monthly margin report per house plot and reconciling management accounts
- Preparing and processing monthly prepayments, accruals, and journals
- Reconciling balance sheet control accounts
- Analysing overhead cost and reviewing against budgets and discussing it with budget holders
- Posting cashbook and reconciling to nominal/bank statement
- Process house sales, allocating cash & reconciling control accounts
- Leading purchase/sale/cashbook ledgers
- Day to day management of the accounts team, including appraisals, absence management, employee relations and recruitment of new members
- Processing expense claims
- Processing credit card expenditure & reconcile to control accounts
- Assist in the year end processes, auditing & budgeting
- Understanding and improving controls and procedures
- AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, and the title of the post
In order to be considered for this role you must have experience within manufacturing or construction with staff management/supervisory experience.
- Previous experience is essential
- Experience of WIP and costing is essential
- Self-motivated, can work independently, as well as team player
- Computer-literate with strong excel skills
- Strong organisational skills and problem-solving ability
- Previous construction business experience would be advantageous
- Experience of using Dynamic NAV would be beneficial
The business offers a competitive salary alongside other benefits which include pension, private medical insurance, and life assurance.
- Management Accountant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'