Financial Reporting Accountant
This role will play a pivotal part in delivering timely and accurate financial results and disclosures across all reporting metrics; providing real business insights, quality assurance and technical advice to the business.
The role therefore requires a Qualified Accountant who has practical experience across a range of Finance specialisms and experience of technical accounting matters; assisting in determining the accounting treatment of projects / transactions and representing Finance Reporting in wider business change projects.
- Providing expertise and advice to the business to support others in the production of financial information under all reporting metrics (IFRS, SII, EEV, UK GAAP), delivering solutions to meet business needs.
- Assisting in determining the accounting treatment of projects / transactions.
- Providing advice and guidance on the application of accounting principles and tools to solve problems and stay up to date on financial reporting developments, advising the business accordingly on the implications
- Acting as a subject matter expert in Finance change projects, where required and representing the business in group wide finance change and financial reporting developments
- Applying accounting principles to complex transactions and events in order to advise the business on the appropriate accounting treatment and practical application
- Conducting project reviews and challenging project rationale, plan, deliverables and measures to ensure delivery of the change agenda for Finance
- Disseminating quality information to internal and external stakeholders (including regulators and rating agencies) and ensuring it is understood
- Analysing financial reports and assessing the impact of performance measures on insurance requirements and coverage
- Advising on the commercial implications of decisions; considering different future scenarios, opportunities and risks to generate creative solutions and operational plans
- Analysing risks, anticipating barriers and incorporating changes into plans
- Communicating financial information to stakeholders across the business to support planning and decision making
- Analysing and consolidating financial statements into relevant reports, providing invaluable insight into findings and making appropriate recommendations
- Developing relationships with internal and external influencers e.g. regulators
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess a professional accounting qualification along with Technical accounting experience within the life & pension, insurance or financial services sector.
- Knowledge of the basis of financial reporting metrics including EEV and Solvency II
- Familiarity of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
- Solid understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP accounting principles and their practical application
- Relevant legal and regulatory requirements, and ability to adapt quickly to changes and ensure these are implemented
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job