UK Accountant/Client Manager job for an innovative, exciting company based in Milton Keynes, paying £35,000-45,000 p/a basic salary dependent on experience. Part-time and flexible working patterns are available for suitably qualified applicants.
Your new company
Ad Valorem is a market leading firm of Accountants based in the Milton Keynes area who, alongside a team of business advisors, serves the Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and South East region.
Growing at a rapid rate, the company has now received awards for innovation and development, and has been nominated in two categories for the British Accountancy Awards for the second year running as well as being shortlisted for the National Tax Team of the Year in the Practice Excellence Awards in 2017.
You will be working in a passionate, creative and rewarding environment that seeks to encourage professional development and values effective communication and teamwork.
Your new role
This role gives the opportunity for a self-motivated person to work with an existing portfolio of clients providing audit and accountancy services using the most up-to-date technology and tools. Supported by a commercially minded management team, you will have every opportunity to develop your own niche area within the business.
There will be a very high level of client contact within this role and you will therefore need to be able to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing an existing portfolio of work - approximately 100 clients.
- Clients are owner-managed SME’s and entrepreneurs with a diverse range of UK and international companies.
- Preparing more complex accounts and corporation tax returns
- Managing several junior staff
- Meeting with clients to discuss their business affairs and liaising with the senior management team to ensure a broad range of business advice is offered to your clients.
- Liaising with the Marketing Director and developing your networking skills.
- Liaising with HM Revenue and Customs and other third parties as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Newly Qualified ACCA or ACA - ambitious individual looking for career progression in a dynamic and modern environment
- A good command of spoken and written English.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Possess a clean driving licence
- Ambitions to become a senior manager in the medium term and director in the long term
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will receive:<span class="goog-spellcheck-word" style="background: #b
- Commercial Awareness
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Highly Ambitious
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job