To provide support and assistance to the Directors, Managers and Administrators in connection with the professional trust and company administration services provided by the organisation, primarily within the Funds and International Finance business lines. This will involve managing the preparation of clients' financial statements with a particular emphasis on SPV and Fund structures. This will also require supervision of the team from time to time in the absence of the Manager.
- Prepare annual financial statements and, where required, management accounts from the accounting records of the client entities as maintained by the Administrator or Bookkeeper.
- Post through eFront/NAV and Excel final bookkeeping entries required to produce financial statements and perform year and ledger close-down procedures.
- Assist with the bookkeeping of more complex client structures as required.
- Liaise with the appointed auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
- Provide additional bookkeeping and administrative assistance to other members of the Client Accounting Solutions team as may from time to time be requested.
- Assist with the management of the transfer of the bookkeeping and accounts preparation function from the Administrators to the Client Accounting Solutions Department.
- Review accounts and provide constructive feedback to Accounts preparers.
- Communicate effectively with the Accounting team to ensure they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing.
- To assist the Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to:
- Overseeing the work of Accounts Preparers and Bookkeepers.
- Checking and controlling the workloads.
- Ensuring all accounts are reviewed before being sent to Clients, Administrators and Auditors.
- Ensuring that company policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Being aware of risk exposure and escalating and issues arising promptly to other members of the Management team.
- Assisting the Manager with various aspects of team management, to include involvement in the annual staff appraisal process as appropriate, holiday management, personal and professional development of team members.
- The post holder will hold an appropriate accounting qualification (e.g ACCA/ACA).
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to Institutional environment is essential.
- Ideally a minimum of 8 years' experience of preparing institutional accounts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current IFRS and UK GAAP reporting and experience in accounting for a range of institutional structures.
- Experience with eFront Navision and ValueFinancials would be desirable.
- Strong IT skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong technical skills in the relevant area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Team spirit.
- This role offers the opportunity to be involved in dealing with a variety of structures including the accounting for Special Purpose Vehicles, Private Equity Funds and Property Unit Trust.
Remuneration: £60,000 (circa) per annum depending on experience plus benefits.
- Financial Statements
- UK GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job