An AAT qualified person is required for an exciting opportunity! Using your AAT knowledge, you will help tutor those wanting to join the profession.
We are working with a growing accountancy distance learning and apprenticeship business based in Exeter City Centre. For over 20 years they have been helping their students achieve their AAT qualification – achieving average pass rates of 95%, with Foundation (Level 2) currently at 98%.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a hugely satisfying job whilst building a career in training. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to achieve a teaching qualification, as well as being part of a growing and successful business.
Key elements of the role include:
- Building up a personal tutor group of both distance learners and apprentices
- Contacting students proactively on a regular basis and monitoring progress against their learning targets
- Responding promptly to student questions and queries, either by phone or email
- Marking progress tests and providing constructive feedback
- Performing apprentice review visits
- Providing tutor support on the weekly “drop-in” classroom sessions in Exeter.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Fully qualified Accounting Technician (AAT) or higher accounting qualification
- Prior experience in AAT training and/or an accountancy work environment
- The personal skills and accountancy knowledge to provide 1:1 tutor support to those studying up to AAT Professional (Level 4) Diploma in Accounting
- Good IT skills including Word and Excel (other software, e.g. Sage, would be an advantage)
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- A caring and supportive personality, with both patience and a sense of humour.
There is no need to have a teaching qualification (although this would be of benefit), as full training will be provided. There will not be a requirement to stand in front of a class to present formal teaching sessions.
As a distance learning business, they are extremely customer focussed and need all of their team to be the same. You will be the sort of person that likes to get involved and help out with any task.
The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and energetic team where the emphasis is on helping people to achieve their career aspirations in accounting.
If you can demonstrate the skills and experience required, then please send through your CV today.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job