DS Smith has an exciting opportunity for a General Ledger Accountant to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The main purpose of the role is to assist in delivering a world class accounting service to respective UK businesses. The role will involve, in accordance with service level agreements, performing general accounting and reporting activities on behalf of the respective business businesses. The role will also involve identifying improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided. The position will require interaction with the P2P and C&C department within the SSC, to ensure that all processes are understood and supported.
What an Accountant will be doing at DS Smith..
• Provide appropriate and timely financial reports covering various metrics as required by site management.
• Support group and divisional reporting requirements.
• Process standard and non-standard journals.
• Ensure that all general ledger accountants are reconciled monthly on a timely basis,
• Analyse and resolve any un-reconcilable items on a timely basis.
• Identify and address areas of improvement to facilitate a smarter close process.
• Reconciliation and reporting on factory accounts.
• Support other team members in achieving the agreed service level agreements for each business.
• Work with other SSC teams to ensure through processes are working as desired.
What we would like our candidate to have:
• Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
• Experience of management and financial accounting and reporting
• Experience of working in a busy environment, providing accounting/reporting services to tight deadlines
• Worked independently to prepare monthly reports and analysis.
• Flexible worker who can pick up and complete ad-hoc tasks when required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A competent computer user with experience of using Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to produce work to an excellent standard, paying meticulous attention to detail at all times.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme