Exclusive to TPF Recruitment - were supporting a multi-sited firm of chartered accountants, based in Canterbury in their search for an Accountancy Practice Director. This is a fantastic chance to be part of the leadership team, of a growing and ambitious multi-sited firm of accountants. This is a very rare and exciting position for an East Kent-based accountant!
As an Accountancy Practice Director within the firms Canterbury offices, you will be responsible for a client portfolio and oversee two small general practice accountancy offices across the Southeast. You will report directly to the owner and oversee a small team of accountants and bookkeepers. You will report directly to the owner and be rewarded with a competitive salary and a generous profit share scheme of 40%.
The business provides a range of services across accounts, tax, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT, payroll, and CIS to name a few. Clients are typically under the audit threshold.
You will be given lots of autonomy to run the offices how you wish. This position would be perfect for either an experienced Manager or Senior Manager, looking to take on more responsibility and a profit share of an established accountancy practice.
The practice is well-established, with long-standing clients. They also have a marketing department and a wider group to support the future growth of the business.
As an example, you will be responsible for:
- Limited company accounts review
- Corporation and personal tax return review
- Assisting clients with tax planning
- Communicating and corresponding with clients
- Communicating with HMRC
- Training junior staff
- Managing the billing of clients
- Opportunity to attend networking events
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the office
- Planning the future of the practice
- Other ad hoc duties in line with the role
- A highly motivated, self-starter with plenty of initiative.
- A practising certificate or desire to gain your practising certificate would be advantageous.
- Good people skills and a friendly and helpful approach to clients.
- Experience managing all aspects of a portfolio of clients.
- At least 5 years of recent practice experience within a firm of accountants.
- You must be a qualified accountant.
- Willing to travel to offices across the southeast.
- £50,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable.
- 40% Equity/ profit share scheme.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Additional competitive benefits package to be built around the successful applicant and their aspirations.
- Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch for a confidential conversation.
If this position isnt suitable, or youre looking for something else, then please get in touch. We have a wide array of vacancies that arent always advertised online, so please contact us to discuss your options and similar opportunities.
- A highly motivated, self-starter with plenty of initiative. A practising certificate or desire to gain your practising certificate would be advantageo
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'