Account Receivable Supervisor
Job Title and Grade: Accounts Receivable Supervisor - Band 5
Location/Trust: Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
Department: Financial Services
Pay Rates: Days: £14.24
Placement Start Date: As soon As Possible Placement End Date: 3 Months
Part Time: 3 Days Per Week
Placement Ref/ID: 31810
- To ensure all invoices are raised timely with sufficient back up saved in e-financials system or in the shared folder. This frequently requires high level of concentration, as debt must be recorded accurately on the sub ledger.
- Undertake Accounts Receivable reconciliations to ensure correct allocation of credits or cash received.
- To compile a weekly debtors report with analysis for the weekly working capital meeting.
- Manage credit control process on debt owed to the Trust (e.g. service level agreement (SLA), non-contractual activities (NCA), overseas visitors (OSV), private patients (PP), salary overpayments, etc.
- Complete the month end closure process - ensuring that the sales and general ledger are reconciled at end of each month.
- Liaise with payroll to ensure that salary overpayments invoices are raised on a timely basis and update salary overpayment spreadsheet.
- To be responsible for performing the NHS Agreement of Balances exercise in accordance with the Annual Reporting Manual issued by NHSI and the DHSC.
- Liaise with other NHS Trusts and CCGs and to resolve highly complex or problematic issues of agreement of balances exercise.
- Working with the credit controller to refer difficult debtors to the Trust's Debt Collection Agency as per the credit control procedure and policy and liaising with agency for progress reports. To compile bad debts to be written off if the collections process has been exhausted and to maintain a record for all write offs.
- Be converse with VAT charging to apply on invoices/credit notes.
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, Finance has an enviable reputation, great supportive team with a family feel and has very good local transport links which makes it easier to access the hospital. Working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9.00 -17:00, with a lunch break.
Level 3 Diploma in Debt Collection (CICM) or AAT Technician level or Educated to degree level or equivalent or qualified by experience in Accounts Receivable/Credit Control.
CCAB (Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies) - Part Qualified or equivalent
Evidence of sustained personal and professional
To apply for this post, you will:
Excellent telephone manner when dealing difficult patient or customer.
Good communication skills (experience in handling difficult and complex conversations with patients or their relatives)
Excellent customer service skills (dealing with patient's sensitive information)
Staff management experience including conducting staff appraisals
Experience of working on e-financials or other financial system
Minimum of 2 years' experience working in an Accounts Receivable function
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
Flexible working options
Free DBS and free training
Build holiday allowance
Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days
Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don't have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long term placement opportunities.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Vincent Miruka, Admin and Clerical Placement and Recruitment Consultant on or
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'