Would you like to be a part of the organisation where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
General Job Summary
The Account Manager promotes and sells products, services or solutions directly to new and existing customers with large, complex businesses. The Strategic Account Manager works on issues where analysis of customer situations requires an in-depth knowledge of industry, business, products or services. Recognized as an accomplished sales professional in all areas, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for highly complex territories, accounts, products or services.
Frequent travel is required. Proven ability to exceed sales targets required.
- Knowledge: As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Complexity: Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and can serve as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Supervision: Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Acts as a bridge between departments or functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds effective long-term relationships / high level of customer delight - with key senior-level decision makers and influencers
- Navigates highly matrixed organizations to identify opportunities and understand their purchasing and decision making processes.
- Drives strategic account plans for large/complex customers to grow revenue by maximizing cross-sell, upsell and renewal opportunities
- Proposes multi-product solutions for complex customer / prospect challenges
- Puts strategies and actions in place to address complex challenges. Focuses on objectives and priorities of both the customer and Aptean.
- Works on issues where analysis of customer / prospect situations requires an in- depth industry / business / product / or services knowledge
- Manages a revenue and bookings quota and participates in frequent forecast reviews of assigned territory.
- Maintains accurate and timely opportunity, customer & contact data
- Facilitates internal communication, including cross-functional transitions, escalations and contracts by engaging appropriate Aptean team members to add value to account
- Manages customers / prospects through the buying process through industry, business and product knowledge
- Uses extensive knowledge of customer / prospect needs and industry trends to provide input into product strategy
Typically requires a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 6 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range is 10-13 years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to exceed quota targets
- Has accomplished level understanding of industry products and services knowledge in more than one area - possesses the ability to connect this knowledge and expertise to business issues, operational strategies, and results
- Customer oriented with proven ability to sell value through a Consultative Selling approach
- Demonstrated ability to understand sales barriers and overcome hurdles to close business
- Experience working with the software industry, specifically handling significantly sized accounts
- Experience working with software products, services, competencies, solutions, and offerings
- Experience working with a standard sales methodology and supporting tools and applications
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Strong communication skills to listen to the client and articulate back for solutioning
- Possesses a high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional image and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good decision making ability, excellent negotiation and closing skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"