Do you have what it takes to be an Account Manager?
We are looking for a fearless and talented Account Manager like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
We are looking for a talented individual who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer. We want you to bring your skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Commercial Sales team in our Bolton depot. This role is a permanent contract for an Internal Account Manager. Working alongside the Sales Manager you will effectively manage a designated portfolio of customers, including planning and prioritizing sales activity to ensure customer retention, growth and profitability. You will maximise sales growth for a defined group of accounts, primarily via telephone contact.
You will have the ability to understand and articulate customer needs and requirements, have effective verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Deliver agreed targets (e.g. revenue, margin, volume) within agreed budget to meet the wider requirements of the business nominated customers.
- Achieve assigned activity goals and other defied targets for group of customers/accounts as agreed with the reporting manager.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all assigned accounts.
- Promote and sell all Whistl downstream access products to defined customer base; cross sell door drop delivery products where appropriate.
- Negotiate and agree terms with customers within agreed limits (limited authority), ensure correct information/data is provided for billing purposes and facilitate prompt payment by customers once invoiced.
- Assist in the preparation of any contracts, as required.
- Ensure contractually agreed service standards are provided to individual customers and, where necessary, liaise with the operations and other functional areas to ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner to the customer's satisfaction.
- Escalate non-standard queries to Line Manager other appropriate manager.
- Work with Line Manager to develop an action plan for maintaining regular contact with customer base.
- Liaise with all necessary internal colleagues to optimise service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Provide customers with regular reports in agreed timescales and where appropriate investigate and report any shortfall/discrepancies highlighted by such reports to the Line Manager.
- Understand and work within policy standards of individual customers to ensure service provisions/ requirements are fulfilled.
- Conduct sales calls, carry out pre-call planning and preparation and develop a self-analytical approach in order to identify learning areas from each call.
- Effectively utilize the relevant software to maintain accurate and up to date records; provide related reports as required.
Additional Salary Info: Sales Commission, Company Pension Scheme
Account Manager | Sales | New Business | Reporting | Business Development | Customer Service
- Ability to understand and articulate customer needs and requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to adapt communication style, amount and format based upon the audience.
- Ability to effectively conduct business over the phone.
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Good analytical and numeracy skills, including ability to analyse data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Basic knowledge of postal and parcel industry as well as knowledge of any specific market sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of Whistl UK products and services.
- Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems.
- Maintain an up-to-date sales / technical knowledge of Whistl UK product portfolio.
- Assist with the training of new hires.
- Keep all Company equipment safe and in a good state of repair.
- Project a professional impression of the Company and act in accordance with the relevant industry code of practice.
- Discuss, agree and document assigned activity, Key Performance Indicator tools, and targets as agreed with Line Manager.
- Successfully complete career development courses and additional training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the postal industry and related competitive environment
About Our Company:
Media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job