Our Client is a major provider in the soft fruit industry and is currently seeking an experienced Account Manager to join their team.
o Coordinate sale of berries to Wholesalers and Food Service to optimise grower returns.
o Provide marketing advice to growers.
o Manage and develop the Wholesale Customer Panel and Food Service Clients
- DAILY ACCOUNTABILITIES
o Call customers to receive verbal sales update.
o Collate fruit availabilities from growers.
o Manage distribution of fruit through SOPS to meet haulage deadlines.
o Verify that customers’ prices meet expected values and input into the SOPS.
o Guide commission customers on expected future returns and set fixed price sales.
o Publish sales returns to growers daily.
o Out of hours service.
o Exploring new business opportunities with the customers detailed above.
- KEY STRATEGIC RESPONSBIBILITIES
o Grower meetings.
o Internal communication of market price movements and intelligence.
o Market customer visits as required
o Development of new customers.
o Participate in execution of sales function departmental strategy.
o Support and develop new ways of working
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills
Interpersonnel is acting as a recruitment consultancy. Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers. We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
- Account Management
- Food Service
- Market Research
- sales development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job