Our client is a niche underwriting agency based in the City of London. Their requirement is for a strong, capable Account Manager who has gained experience in the insurance industry in an Account Management / Business Development capacity and who is prepared to take on a wider role with operational and administrative elements - not one purely focused on generating business.
You would be joining a small team of just 4, which comprises of 3 underwriters and an administrator. On a day to day basis there would be an element of operational team leadership included in the role as well as the need to roll up your sleeves and assist the administrator.
Main duties would include:
- Business Development (targeting top 50 clients, undertake periodic visits etc.)
- Building and maintaining relationships with the clients
- Working with the Sales & Marketing team on e-marketing campaigns
- Working with MI & team to identify opportunities for growth
- Creation of accurate and timely policy documentation, premium invoicing and debiting
- Identifying improvements in operations and systems design and make recommendations
- Assisting with administration, which includes Inputting, File Creation, Cancellations & Voiding Policies
- Credit control - chasing up unpaid online premiums.
Additionally, you would be expected to undertake any ad-hoc work outside of normal day to day remit, for project and/or developmental reasons, or to contribute to the continued success of the business, with enthusiasm whilst assisting in the achievement of the overall business goals.
Any knowledge or interest in Property Law and Conveyancing related insurance would be highly advantageous as the niche products that you would be handling are related to Legal Indemnity Insurance - although the enthusiasm to learn about the class is just as important and useful! With this being a niche product area, candidates with general insurance experience are invited to apply and full cross training would be provided.
This would suit a flexible, hardworking individual with a mature manner and outlook coupled with a desire to move into a new area of the insurance industry and join a small, dedicated team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job