We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to fill this challenging role.
As an Account Manager you’ll be responsible for taking the lead on sales and marketing and be the first point of contact for your given customers. You’ll have the ability to work closely with the project teams to support ongoing projects and functions of the company. In addition to this you’ll be confident in your ability to negotiate and close orders within the prescribed limits of authority.
- Develop, maintain and grow the key customer accounts
- Manage commercial activities as a member of the new product introduction teams, coordinating all customer commercial and business requirements like prototype pricing, Value for money cost estimation loop, design changes & raw material price fluctuations
- Maintain and deal with commercial documentation: including purchase orders, tooling orders, cost tracking / history and change management
- Take over responsibility for all commercial and business related customer issues
- Take ownership & communicate sales forecasts and customer volumes for business planning, future trends, strategies etc.
- Support the Snr Key Account Mgr. in preparing and implementing sales strategies for sustainable competitive advantage.
- Have a strong working knowledge and experience with the customer’s requirements
- Host / attend meetings on an as needed basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly etc.) with customer and internal program teams to ensure Kongsberg is meeting customer & internal stakeholder requirements
- Organize and prioritize time between multiple projects
- Actively report to Direct Manager successes, areas for improvement and items of risk in a timely manner to ensure corrective action
- Actions of a Key Account Manager will demonstrate the values of Kongsberg Automotive: Passionate, Prepared and Accountable
- Successfully completed degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of a commercial role in the automotive industry (or equivalent qualification)
- Financial & business acumen - understanding of business drivers, financial drivers and metrics to produce agreed upon results
- A high degree of personal integrity and confidence
- Ability to make quick decisions based on a combination of experience as well as advice from other people
- Ability to think clearly and react effectively under pressure while remaining focused on key objectives and strategies
- Collaboration - ability to work in multi-functional teams with a matrix organisation
- Attention to detail & strong time management skills
- PC literate (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to produce good written quotations, reports and relevant presentations
- Have a good command of spoken and written language within the region employed; a knowledge of German would be an advantage
- Ability to travel as required, including overseas with occasional unsociable hours
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
- Report Writing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job