Based in Newport
Salary of £20,000 - £23,000 + commission
My client is a leading manufacturing company based in Newport. They manufacture and sell products into the plumbing and property development industry. Due to increased workload they are looking for an experienced Sales or Account Manager to join their existing sales team. The role is split between 80% of dealing with existing accounts and 20% generating new business.
The main purpose of the role is to generate leads and orders for products with the aim of growing the business through maintaining relationships with existing customers and building relationships with new customers.
- Identification of prospects and lead generation across both branches of the company using a lead generation system
- Influence customers to meet our team/buy products and services/request price quotations
- Contact with national merchant and independent branches to manage/maintain the relationship and act as a liaison between branch and external sales team. Act as an account manager for merchants.
- Documents calls by completing forms and record logs.
- Data entry and use of a CRM system. Maintain database by entering updates and checking information
- Reporting of results & KPIs.
- Preparation of quotations where necessary.
- Understand product offering and product’s differentiation from competition
- Ability to solve customer problems and advise customers where queries are raised
- General admin duties
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
Prior knowledge of CRM is a plus, training can be provided.
- Persuasion & Persistence - Articulate enough to convince buyers of value in product/service being sold
- Customer Focus, understanding of customer needs and how to sell to these
- Data driven - Data Entry & Analysis Skills
- Professional telephone manner & handles rejection
- Understanding of the importance of Customer Service
- Organization & time management
- High energy, results driven with a motivation for sales
- Excellent communication skills
This role also offers a good career progression path as there is an opportunity to progress into a supervisory role.
If you are interested in this role and you hold the relevant skills please send your CV today.
- Account Management
- Lead Generation
- Maintaining Relationships
- Telephone Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job