Our world renown client manufactures electronic solutions for partners who are driven by higher performance in the Automotive, Motorsport and Aftermarket markets. From their earliest involvement in motorsport, their approach has been to innovate with the use of leading edge technologies - they are constantly seeking new ways to drive higher performance, while striving to deliver the reliability that customers expect.
To support our clients ongoing business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Key Account Manager.
You will be a key member of the account management team responsible for identifying new opportunities and helping to deliver on their commercial strategy. You will have a strong technical background and interest in the motorsport and automotive sectors, and travelling to visit clients you will be responsible for both maintaining existing long-term relationships and establishing new clients to take a number of exciting key developments to market.
The successful candidate will possess;
- An Engineering degree or equivalent experience in related engineering discipline
- A strong knowledge of Motorsport and / or Automotive markets with a desire to generate sales and establish, build and manage strong relationships with key customers at all levels
- Excellent commercial awareness and analysis skills
- Experience and interest in contract negotiation, selling and deal closing
- Enthusiasm, political astuteness and be an effective networker
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
- A systematic and detailed approach to problem solving
- Excellent PC skills - both for general commercial work and to demonstrate our products through presentations
- Resilience and ability to thrive within a high pressure role
The customers you will be working with are many and varied - Our clients expertise and experience in powertrain and electronics is currently helping customers win races and Championships at the highest levels of professional motorsport and to deliver powertrain and electronics solutions for major OEM automotive programmes.
The day to day role requires the successful candidate to be confident with the following:
- Engage with the sales team to deliver on our commercial strategy
- Acting as the main contact for specific customers, recording their requirements and deciding on appropriate actions
- Managing customers relationships with at all levels including Director level
- Manage customer requirements throughout the business working with specific functional areas to deliver in a coordinated, focused, structured and targeted manner
- Use the CRM system to identify and manage a pipeline of business, growing Key Account opportunities by promoting all of our clients products and services
- Ability to time manage and to prioritise work appropriately
- Ability to offer a clear solution path for customers wanting to improve their vehicle performance
- Automotive Engineering
- Key Account
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job