Role: Account Manager
Location: Melton Mowbry
Contract: Temporary Ongoing
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
You will be an experienced Account Manager and ideally have worked within a complex manufacturing environment. You will also have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- MUST have experience of processing orders
- Experience working within a Manufacturing, production or distribution would be highly beneficial.
- Must resolve order intake, order returns, account management and transport issues successfully and efficiently
- Experience of working within a global organization would be highly beneficial
- Must have MRP / ERP experience ideally with SAGE / SAP
- Good communication skills when dealing with people on all levels of the company
- Able to work to deadlines
- Conscientious, self-motivated and a good attention to detail
- Good problem solver
- Knowledge and understanding of how to handle irate customers, particularly those customers who are credit risks to the business.
- Ability to obtain and work through issues relating to product availability before they affect the customer.
- Understand and learn new products as they are released for sale.
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position is the primary contact for a main customer within the organisation. The focus of this role is to provide customer satisfaction through order processing, order return processing, and general account management, assist credit/collections communication and resolution, and order follow-up. This position requires strong customer orientation and involves handling high-volumes of customer and field sales contact via telephone, and emails. Your day to day responsibilities will include…
- Entering customer orders into the company SAP / SAGE system
- Providing relevant information so that customer complaints can be logged through the relevant complaints procedures
- Checking orders to ensure that all detail is in line with the customer’s request and the account/shipping/invoicing specification for that customer
- Where necessary liaising with production to ensure that orders/expedited orders are manufactured to the required dates
- Ensuring that pricing records/files are kept up to date for customers in line with the sales managers’ requests and annual pricing reviews.
- All documentation must be available for internal/external audits
- Responding to requests for information/assistance from other departments and sites in a timely fashion
- Liaising with manufacturing to define lead times and distributing these to all of the relevant people (internal, customers and intercompany)
- Providing customers with reports detailing their orders pending shipment along with scheduled dates
- Liaising with account managers re: customer requirements / manufacturing issues / pricing / account management
- Contacting customers to clarify their requirements when orders are unclear
- Liaising with finance regarding customer credit limits and order placement. Informing customers that their account has breached the credit limit and is on hold. Advising how this will affect their current orders where necessary
- Providing basic technical assistance. Forwarding more complex requests to technical support
- Providing customers with spec sheets/data sheets to complete which can then be forwarded to the relevant department
- Facilitating the provision of freight quotes/liaising with logistics
- Monitoring consignment stock.
- Raising credit note requests for authorisation and submission by finance
Our client is a leader in their field and are highly recognised across the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive & forward thinking organisation that can provide projects that will excite, challenge and push you to drive both the role and yourself to the next level.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job