FULL JOB SPEC
Medical Staffing Manager duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- To manage a portfolio of client hospitals as allocated by the Operations Director in such a way as to ensure that the service is delivered effectively and in line with the quality expectations of all parties.
- To ensure an uninterrupted service to hospitals is delivered in line with the contractual arrangement between us and the clients, with an emphasis on quality and continuity.
- To take shared responsibility for other portfolios in that another MSM is absent for whatever reason.
Responsibilities relating to client hospitals in the portfolio:
- Act as the primary point of contact for the hospital management and the doctors associated with every facility in the portfolio.
- Maintain and edit the consolidated hospital spreadsheet ('the Roster’) to ensure that it accurately reflects past, present and future staffing at the client hospitals, including detailed arrangements relating to handovers and travel as appropriate.
- Ensure that all information entered into the Roster is accurate and exhaustive so that work done within the portfolio can be followed in detail by others.
- Undertake a routine client visit programme with a view to understanding and updating the hospital profile requirements, establishing rapport with the hospital management and doctors and discussing issues specific to the delivery of services at that location. Also attend meetings at the request of client hospitals to address specific issues, usually in conjunction with the Operations Director and/or the Medical Director.
- Consult with hospitals as to the induction of new doctors who have not worked at the hospital before, either on a long-term or ad hoc basis. This includes the management of the shadowing programme, ensuring that this is undertaken to the benefit of all concerned.
- Arrange accommodation where necessary for doctors that are shadowing a colleague or who require this as a result of the normal arrangements at the hospital.
- Inform hospitals well in advance of any changes to the planned staffing schedule, including cover arrangements for holiday or any other absence.
- In conjunction with the Administration team, provide hospitals with all the necessary documentation in support of an incoming doctor (eg. CV, references, ACLS and APLS certificates, Occupational Health Clearance) prior to their arrival at the hospital.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director and the Medical Director, manage hospital complaints that arise within the portfolio to ensure the best outcomes for the Company, client and doctor.
- Manage issues that arise at the client hospital between staff and doctors in such a way as to ensure minimal disruption.
- Maintain effective lines of communication and feedback between the Company and its clients and doctors.
- Ensure all relevant information is recorded on the Company database.
Responsibilities relating to doctors in the portfolio:
- Act as the point of contact for the doctors in the portfolio, and manage them in line with the terms and conditions of their employment contract with us.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with the Recruitment Teams in relation to the arrangements for new doctors that are to be working at locations within the portfolio.
- Introduce groups of new doctors to the policies and protocols of the company during a short presentation. This will cover administrative aspects as well as the process for obtaining a bank account and a National Insurance number.
- Assign new and existing doctors in respect of their responsibilities under our Standby Programme.
- Maintain regular contact with all doctors within the portfolio, addressing their queries as appropriate.
- Manage the doctors’ contract tenures to the benefit of the Company and ensuring contract extensions are encouraged and completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all doctors’ contact details are updated accurately on the Company database.
- Assist the Training Administrator in making doctors available for refresher courses and Appraisals.
- Manage annual leave arrangements and Holiday Pay requests, ensuring that Company protocols in terms of the required notice are adhered to.
- Ensure that all doctors working within the portfolio maintain current Right to Work and full GMC registrations with Licence to Practise.
- Address doctors’ complaints and grievances in conjunction with the Operations Director and/or the Medical Director.
- Deal with any other issues arising from the doctors’ perspective in relation to the service we provides.
- Complete administration relating to doctors starting or finishing their employment with us.
- Forward mail to doctors working within the portfolio.
Responsibilities relating to the recruitment process:
- Liase, co-ordinate and communicate with the Recruitment Teams (including external agents) by telephone and email.
- Complete Suitability Interviews over the telephone as required by the needs of the business.
- Participate in group recruitment activity including, CV assessment and job offers.
Responsibilities relating to Finance:
- Advise of Holiday Pay and contract bonus payments due in line with the company payroll deadlines.
- Calculate and verify doctors’ expense claims and pass to the Operations Manager for authorisation, ensuring that the Company’s financial interests are maintained at all times.
- Submit accurate and timely expense claims relating to costs incurred in the execution of the duties.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job