A great opportunity for a PhD educated scientist with a background in Biochemistry or Life Science-based subject to move into a technical and consultative scientific sales position! Full training is provided in a supportive team environment. The company have excellent market share in the UK so a majority of the role with focus on strengthening relationships with existing business but will also involve identifying and developing new business opportunities.
PRODUCTS: custom peptide synthesis service and antibodies
CUSTOMERS: academic, research and biotechnology laboratories
The recruit will be based in North-East England and travel nationally up to 2-3 days per week to visit customers.
In this role the successful recruit will be responsible for delivering the sales target via existing and new business opportunities and strategically developing the business across the UK via face to face meetings and attendance at industry conferences, exhibitions and networking events.
- Ensure sales target is met or exceeded in the geographical region.
- Maintain excellent communication and service with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Ensure excellent market knowledge, maintain awareness of market trends, competitor activity and customer needs and feedback to your Manager and the wider team.
- Plan to visit customers up to three days a week and spend the rest of your time booking appointments, following up on administration, customer enquiries and reports.
- Ensure excellent feedback to customers in regards to delivery expectations and timeframes by liaising with the internal production team.
- Develop business in existing accounts via key account management strategies and building relationships with multiple contacts.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities across the UK, implementing supply agreements and running workshops.
- Attendance at industry exhibitions, networking events and conferences to promote the company and expand brand awareness.
- Some international travel may be required for company sales training and conferences.
A minimum of a Bachelor degree (ideally holding a PhD) in a life science based discipline, preferably Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or Chemistry.
Excellent communication and listening skills, able to have technical discussions with senior scientists and key decision markers.
Knowledge and experience of peptides, proteins, antibodies and assay development would be an advantage.
Team focused, working as part of a wider team and sharing relevant commercial information.
- Consultative Sales
- Technical Sales
- Peptide Synthesis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job